On this 11-day yoga journey with Rebecca Lammersen, we will tread softly, exploring the cultural, historical and spiritual treasures of the mystical, ancient land of Sacred Bhutan, nestled in the folds of the Majestic Himalayas.
We will journey through enchanted, native forests paved with dwarf primroses leading to temples hanging from vertical cliffs.
As the sun peeks through the early morning mist, we will practice yoga in open rice fields and meditate on mountaintops with spectacular views of the Himalayan peaks and ancient Buddhist stupas.
We will soak in the unique hot-stone baths, dance to the tunes of hypnotic cymbals and drums, and taste organic Bhutanese cuisines.
On this journey with Samsara Asia, your mind, body and spirit will experience Bhutan’s secret recipe for happiness.
Monday, April 16 2018
- Arrive at Paro Airport (10:10 am) via Druk Air Flight 121 from Bangkok (Boarding Time 06:50 am).
- Reception at the airport by Samsara Asia Team.
- Drive to Thimphu, the capital city (one hour drive from Airport)
- Enroute, visit the iron bridge and Tamchoe Lhakhang
- Visit the Traditional Paper Factory.
- Evening stroll along the Memorial Chorten and the Craft Bazaar.
- Welcome dinner at Simply Bhutan while entertained by folk dancers.
Tuesday, April 17 2018
- Visit the Traditional Medicine Institute, Textile Museum and the Folk Heritage Museum.
- Bhutanese lunch at the Folk Heritage Restaurant.
- Visit the School of Arts and Crafts and interact with novice artisans.
- Evening visit at Tashichhodzong
- Early morning yoga at the foot of the Buddha Dordenma (the largest sitting Buddha (169 feet tall)) overlooking the city of Thimphu.
- Lunch at a Pizzaria (optional lunch venues include Swiss, Chinese, Japanese, and Thai)
Wednesday, April 18 2018
- Early morning departure for Dochula (45 min drive).
- Stoll along the 108 Stupas overlooking the Himalayan ranges
- Breakfast at the Dochula Café (optionally, eat at the hotel before departure)
- Stroll along the meditation caves before driving toward Punakha Valley (2 hours)
- Yoga at Lamperi Botanical Park
- Visit Chimi Lhakhang, the temple of the divine Mad Man (the phallus temple).
- Dinner at the Dhumra Farm Resort.
Thursday, April 19 2018
- Practice yoga at the Dhumra Farm Resort.
- After breakfast, drive and hike toward the Khamsum Yuelley Namgyal Chorten through terraced rice fields adorned with colorful prayer flags.
- Visit Punakha Dzong (Palace of Bliss) located between the Phochu and Mochu (two glacial fed rivers).
- Visit Nobgang Village (a heritage village).
- **Optional rafting excursion ($200 per boat 8 person occupancy) or return to the hotel for a meditation/writing session.
Friday, April 20 2018
- Full day one on one Yoga sessions
Saturday, April 21 2018
- Drive back to Dochula after lunch
- Meditate at the Dochula Hotel
Sunday, April 22 2018
- Drive from Dochula to Paro. Enroute visit the Simtokha Dzong.
Monday, April 23 2018
- Drive to Sangchoekhor, a Buddhist institute and start hike toward the Bumdra Camp (5 to 6 hours ascent)
- Lunch at Choechotse
- Explore the camping area and the gorgeous wildflowers of the Himalayas.
- Restorative yoga practice/meditation in the meadow.
- Restful evening at a luxury camp.
Alternative schedule for those who choose to stay in the valley
- Drive up to Chelela Pass to spend a few hours among the alpine meadows.
- 2 hour hike toward Kila Goenba
- Drive back to Paro valley and visit the Drugyal Dzong
Tuesday, April 24 2018
- Early morning smoke offering and cleansing ritual with a local monk.
- After breakfast, hike down toward the Tiger’s Nest Temple Complex with a steep descent toward Shekar Chu (waterfall).
- Lunch at Tiger’s Nest Cafeteria
- Continue to hike down to the base and arrive at Raven’s Nest.
- Hot stone bath and spa services
Wednesday, April 25 2018
- Visit Paro Dzong and Musuem in the morning.
- A restful day and alternative shopping day in Paro Tshongdue’s numerous souvenir shops.
- Dinner & Sharing Circle: final thoughts and reflections of the trip.
Thursday, April 26 2018
Group size: 6-12 pax
Tour price includes:
- Arrival and departure transfers
- All land transportation in Bhutan
- English-speaking guide (mandatory)
- Accommodation in luxury boutiques and camp.
- All meals (B,L,D) including cold and hot beverages
- Visa fee and management
- Tour vehicle with a specialized licensed driver
- Taxes, royalties and service charges
- Bottled water
- Cultural show
- Personal session with yoga specialist
Tour Price does not include:
- All domestic and international airfare (Can be arranged on request)
- Tips and gratuities for guide/driver
- Expenses of personal nature (spa, laundry, souvenirs etc)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Accommodation in 4 star and above (surcharges applicable)
- Travel insurance